Re: How to Make Transparent Gifs

by "Mirya Glover" <miryag(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Dec 2001 22:25:04 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The other thing you can do to remove the WHITE halo effect that was
mentioned below is to ENLARGE/ZOOM in on the picture and erase the whitish
jagged edges and the LIGHT colored jagged edges with the eraser tool.  This
does help to eliminate the halo effect quite well.  Then you could follow
through with saving  it the way I said.

The only problem with doing it as a jpeg that I have found is if the graphic
is not all the same color or is a blend of colors selecting the image can be
a task.

Mirya