Re: loading jpg's

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:40:38 -0500
 To:  "hwg- basics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1) Reduce the images in a true graphics editor...even Paint works in an
emergancy, I think (don't quote me on that one, but it seems I have used it
before for a quickie...).  I like Fireworks.

2) reduce JPEG quality to around 80% of original...play with it,see what you
can do without going below an acceptable level of appearance.

3) Check the file size of your completed image.  With those dimensions, it
should be between 2-5k, depending upon the image.  Your present image on the
first link below is in excess of 364k.