Re: problem with colored background

by "Bert Doorn" <bdoorn(at)iinet.net.au>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:15:20 +0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> <<I went to see the new site, but on my screen the words are black against
> dark brown background.  The list pin is the only thing that is readable to
> me on the first page unless I hilight everything.  On the subsequent
pages,
> the buttons are white which I can read fine, but the background and words
> are again black on  brown and unreadable to me unless I hilight.  Any
> suggestions?>>

It all looked fine to me, using both IE5 and NN4, at 800x600 with 16-bit
colour.

I saved the page and looked at it with my other PC, running IE3 in 16
colours only. The text was still legible (only the pictures look not good
with so few colours)  256 colours was OK too.

Perhaps your visitor has set her browser to override the text colour defined
in web pages and use her own colour scheme instead.  If she has the text
colour set to be some sort of "brown" it could give the effect she has
described.

HTH
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer