Re: Challenge with contact page

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:24:53 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
John:

We faced a similar problem a couple of months ago. In addition
our client wanted rapid page loading and was on a server that had
no ASP and limited CGI. Here is how we did it.

We created a " Make Contact Via E-Mail" page which listed the
names of e-mail recipients. When the user clicked on any of the
names, it took, (linked), them to a new page that had the form to
fill out and a title that reminded them of who the recipient
would be. There was a new page for each recipient though to the
user it simply appeared to be a form appearing in response to
their click.

All these form pages were identical except for the names involved
and the mailto: in the form's action statements. We simply made
up one page and duplicated it in FrontPage. Then changed the
titles and mailto:'s

A single thank you page was used and worded so that it did not
matter which form they had used. All the forms pages were sent to
the same Thank You page as they were "sent".

It saved a lot of scripting and it basically used the same CGI
script on the ISP's server so there was no complaint.

(Ironically, the client and ISP are now fighting over domain name
charges and the site is down -- Oh Well ?? Sigh)

Hope this helps and best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

http://www.tridpan.org
>that has me baffled.  I've been trying to find a solution for a
couple of
>days now and need some help.
>
>At the bottom of the index page is a link to a contact page.  On
the contact
>page I have a series of check boxes and the names of the
officers
>of the organization.  The idea being that the writer would be
able to
>signify who the mail is directed to (one or more officer)
without putting
>the email addresses of the individuals on the net. ( I am
working with Matt
>Wrights formmail cgi.) I would like the officers name to somehow
show up on
>the form so I could setup an auto forward from Outlook Express
(or any other
>method you may know of) to the person or persons that are
checked.  Any or