Re: URGENT!! PLEASE HELP!

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:43:51 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tricia:

Is your client able to see his web in a "real" browser, (Not AOL.)

It sure sounds like something is really wrong with the browser in question.
I still have one daughter that uses AOL. She also has IE-4+ on her computer
and admits that she often employs it when she has trouble with the one
supplied by AOL. Regardless of the generally accepted idea that AOL uses a
version of IE, they are not the same.

The point being that if the site comes up OK, then he can start looking into
the problem with the browser. If not, then one can start looking for those
tiny but weird things that pop up.

(Example: I just spent a half hour running down a typo, [ ' instead of " ],
in an include file that messed up the table structure of every page involved
when viewed in Netscape.)

However, in this case, If everyone else can view the site just fine, he just
might need to do something drastic like an un-install and re-install of the
AOL browser. (If that is possible without messing up the service?)

Wish I could think of something more ...
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net