Re: "max" file??

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:11:37 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
CS

Sorry--very little help here--I'm only boring you with it because you
mentioned urgency.

Never heard of it either but that means nothing--there are so MANY things in
that category ...

I tried Canvas and Microsoft Publisher but they drew a blank.

Canvas will open .mac (close like in horseshoes) It is an old MAC OS B&W one
bit format.

I even tried GuruNet but it drew a blank as well.

So then I used my fancy new search engine on my magazine site and it took me
to AskMe.Com They had several choices but the one that seemed to fit was as
follows:

Dear Sir,

I have an important favor to ask of you. I am an applicant to usa schools.
Recently, I received an attachment online from one of them in *.max format.
I don't what kind of file it is and I don't know what should be used to open
this file. Do you have any suggestion?

With many thanks,

tellhim

   sfoulkes gave this response on 1/30/2000:

A 3D studio max file.

So--I would try to Research "Studio Max" to see if a free viewer is
available.

I know this isn't much but it was the best I could come up with on short
notice.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA