Re: Cursor is a flashing "17"

by "Lady Wistfulee" <wistfulee(at)hawaii.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:50:16 -1000
 To:  <bushman(at)goodnet.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I know that you have probably checked this, but it's always the easy =
stuff that eludes me until I get the "ah ha!".  Win98 comes with M$ =
Plus! installed, have you tried changing your desktop theme to see if =
the cursor changes along with it as it is supposed to?  I have had in =
the past corrupted themes that somehow "bled" over into other themes, or =
themes only partially install, leaving me with half of one theme & half =
of another.  Also...
Go to start-->settings-->control panel-->mouse   & check your scheme =
setting under the pointers tab.  There should be one marked "Windows =
Standard", try that after checking themes. (Themes found in Control =
Panel, btw). =20
Before completely wiping a drive there are things you can try: you might =
try first going to start-->programs-->accessories-->system =
tools-->system information.  Then select from the tools menu "system =
file checker & registry checker" (one after the other).  If that fails =
to produce the required result, you still don't "have" to wipe the disk =
(yet)...you can do an "overinstall"...Windows98 can be installed over a =
problems with some files.
Good luck & I surely HTH,
much alohas from Oahu ...
Lady Wistfulee