Re: HTML Transfer To Front Page

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:36:12 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lisa:

If you paste into the "Normal" view it will simply end up as
regular text on your page.

If you paste it into the HTML view it will become part of the
source code of the page.

However, you will have to cycle the page in some manner before
the change will show up on the Normal View. (Either save the file
or switch back and forth between different pages you may have
loaded into the Editor.)

Example of normal text:
We do things like this all the time from Word. Our local Board of
Supervisors sends us their agenda as a Mac created Word Perfect
file. We open it in Word and select the text we wish to use. Then
paste it into the Normal View of the appropriate page. It
automatically converts the clipboard copy into HTML. (Then the
only thing left to do is remove all those "Tab Commands" placed
in the original file by the secretary at the BOS Office.)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net