Re: another question

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:28:51 +0100
 To:  <kingben(at)bigfoot.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: Ben Bradley <kingben(at)bigfoot.com>

> at http://bat.thebrickhouse.co.uk,
> I am using status bar image mouseovers. The default status text is
Inkblot
> Web Design. When a user mouses over one of the images in the menu bar
(top
> left) the satus bar changes to the alt text, then reverts to the default.
> When you go over another link though, the href of the link stays in the
bar
> until you mouseover one of the images
> again. It should go to the default value
>
> This only happens in IE5 - it works fine in Netcrap 4.5 - is this a
> scripting problem, or an IE5 bug?
> (i think IE5 bug - the only imperfection with this browser!)

Well, I don't know if this helps at all Ben, but what I found (using IE5)
is that the default status text reappears if you move the cursor off to the
right of the screen (or down to the bottom), outside the borders of the
table containing the page content.  Set the main table border to 1, then
after moving the cursor over a link, move it across the right and you'll
see what I mean.

I don't know if this is an IE5 bug or something that can be addressed in
the javascript you're using, but thought I'd mention it in case it helps!
:-)

Regards,
Donna
--