Re: hiding Html from Viewers

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:16:08 -0500
 To:  <joycef(at)gtsoftware.com>,
<Bayangell(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thus far the technology hasn't surfaced yet to do this (as the MANY strings
on this topic have outlined).

Some (like we do for clioents who pay) use a JS to pop up a window thus
effectively preventing the less-talented thief from making off with the
ill-gotten booty - or, the ill-booten gotty (depending upon your position).
LOL

Yes, yes, thank you for the "16-second" children - we have clients who
actually pay us to set special coding into the pages in order to give them a
sense of security. However, though this does pop up a window when the image
is right-clicked it only works in IE (that I am aware of) and it doesn't
prevent the thief from going in the back door. It only dissuades the
*honest* thief ... there's an oxymoron for ya!!!

Hope this helps you.

Karn
Senior Designer
Starr Wolf Design