Re: Form text field - alternate display look

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:07:49 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I have a "Search This Site"  form on a web site. The client wants the text
> box area to be more "stylish" than what the text box filed displays. Is
> there a way to use an image as the background,

Yes, via CSS:

textarea {background: color url(image.jpg)}

> or make the text field area look more like an oval

Mozilla has proprietary CSS extentions that allows for rounded borders.
However, the border creeps into the box, and can end up underneath content.
You can try this (works only in Mozilla):

textarea {background: color url(image.jpg)}; -moz-border-radius: 10%}

Tim