Re: video clips

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:14:54 -0700
 To:  "Martie Healy" <martie(at)inetw.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you or a friend has a video capture card, the type that comes with many
"WebCams", you may be able to feed the video from your VCR or CamCorder to
create an .avi file.

CompUSA has been advertising some inexpensive "Camera Packs" (WebCam Kit)
for as little as $89.00.  Be careful as not all kits include a "capture
card".

I have experimented with both the "Intel Create 'n Share" and "US Robotics"
Web Cams a while ago.  The file size gets quite large, very quickly, and you
will probably want to look at some other methods of compression.

If you're looking for an inexpensive way to accomplish this, purchasing the
WebCam kit may prove to be useful.  Of course, a professional job would
probably be of much better quality.

paul