Re: XHTML question

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 30 May 2000 12:08:58 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Raj,

Can't help you with another site as I tend to make exclusive use of HWG and
W3C, but I can answer your second question.  Yes, attributes also need to be
lower case.  The reason is that XML (which XHTML now conforms to) is case
sensitive.  I know you would like another reference, but I found this info
in the XHTML spec., section 4- Differences with HTML 4.  Don't know if the
W3C's online validator has incorporated all the changes, so a page with
upper case attributes may validate anyway.... but we know better :-)

Also, to answer your question way back on 5/9 (Re: Difference 'twixt XHTML
and XML?).  I honestly can't answer your question on a technical level,
however, I was merely using that analogy because this is what I have come to
understand on what I have read about the subject.  I appears to me, that in
a few years, the language of recommendation by the W3C for writing web pages
will be XML and not HTML and XHTML is just a way for us to make the
transition easier.  I could be wrong, but this is what I believe to be true.
Sorry for not responding on this earlier.

Steve

> I was just wondering if there is any (accessible -- ie not the W3C
> reference :o)  ) site out there that tells me what I have to do to be
XHTML