Re: The name that my site bookmarks as is "index"!!! Why????

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:29:25 -0000
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: Michael Hovila <oxbaker(at)hotmail.com>

> I have a site that consists of frames and every time I try to bookmark
it,
> it bookmarks with the title of "index" rather than the website name. I'm
> under the assumption that you have to keep your main page set titled
> index.htm .....

The bookmarking process will take the name from the contents of the
<title>...</title> tag in the document.  You only have to name the *file*
"index.htm" - the *title* should be appropriate to the contents of the
page.  So, for example, the entry page to my personal website is called
"./" but the TITLE of that page is "Different Worlds", and that's
what it bookmarks as and what appears in search engines.

HTH...

Regards,
Donna
--