Re: Validator DocTypes

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:13:32 -0500
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't know if this will help, Kali:

http://www.webctr.com

The home page is validated 4.1, and Bobby approved...weighs in at about 28k.
I don't think I have changed anything since I last did it.  Targets 4.x and
up, but is meant to be degrade usefully.  Its nothing great...I wish it was
more impressive so your boss would be bowled over.  Still, maybe if you get
enough smaller examples...

Tell your boss that the time to prepare for the higher standard fo the
coming Web is today...while there is still time.  I am continually pushing
our shop up the learning curve.  We are expecting to be fully utilizing CSS
by summer (I am installing some testing machines now to account for reported
AOL problems), and XHTML by year's end.  We already use XML in some projects
for data storage, so I don't expect any problems.

Now, for this WAP stuff....

:)

Darrell