Re: Tracking downloads of PDF files

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:24:29 -0700
 To:  <kixi(at)altavista.net>,
"jim barchuk" <jb(at)jbarchuk.com>
 Cc:  "Rider Dave" <D.Rider(at)emd.wa.gov>, <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One method that may work.

Keep each download on a separate page, and/or use the "meta" redirection to
trigger the download.  On this page, install a page counter.

If your ISP doesn't support FrontPage extensions, you can probably still use
Server Side Includes.  A search for "page counters" should bring you many
results for NT page counter scripts for SSI.

paul