Re: A Perfect Web Site!

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:31:37 -0500
 To:  "Dennis Lapcewich" <dlapcewich(at)intira.com>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "'Justin H.'" <justinh(at)whidbey.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dennis

> I suggest you can bet the farm that there will never be a IE version for
> Linux.  :)
> Remember, Linux is a threat to the Win dynasty and any assistance in that
> arena could possibly be the straw that breaks M$'s back.  In addition,
Linux
> is effectively open source.  To build an IE version for Linux means to
open
> up the browser software to developers who would need to code the correct
> hooks for their own version of Linux.

I don't know about that,  MS has duped the public and other companies
hundreds of times before.  I would'nt be surprised to hear Steve Bulmer's
middle name is Torvalds by now.  By the time MS gets done with Linux, they
may convince the world they invented it.

MS will probably embrace Linux.  They will sign licensing agreements.  Two
years later they will violate those agreements.  Sound familiar?  They will
add features the world just has to have.  MS-Linux will be the corporate
version and open source Linux will go back to the little people as it was in
the beginning.

This is not as far fetched as it appears.  If Bill G. doesn't own it and
can't control it, he slyly embraces it and then remakes it in his own image.
He pays a fine of a couple million which is chump change when MS gets sued,
and then he does what he wants.  Who's to stop him, the government?  They
havn't succeeded yet and with a republican president I doubt they will even
pretend to try any more.

 Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net