Re: Question

by "Bert Doorn" <bdoorn(at)iinet.net.au>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 1999 22:52:55 +0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> I am creating a site in which I have a page that
> displays a coupon for 10% off.  When it is printed off
> I want to have a distinct number (Sequentially
> 1,2,3,4,...)print on the bottom.  Being new to the web

Depending on how "fussy" you are about whether the numbers run in sequence,
there is one way I can think of which will mean the number is unlikely to be
the same for every visitor. That is, use a visitor counter.  Most website
hosts/ISP's will have some mechanism in place for this and if yours does
not, there's plenty of free counter services available.

If the coupon is in graphic format, you would have to "cut a hole" into the
graphic and re-assemble it (using a table), inserting te counter in the
"hole".

HTH
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer