Re: Making extra pages

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:28:21 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Wendy:

To make extra pages, (by hand).

Save your favorite or typical page as something like
"template.htm" using the Save As command in your editor.

Then strip out everything but the objects you wish to appear on
every page and re-save it. Use this as a template for all your
pages in the web BUT be sure to save it under the new page name
each time so that you do not contaminate your template.

The simplest way to make text move is to create a SMALL animated
GIF. You don't have the browser worries you would with Java and
you can make it do anything you want. Ie: slide in, rotate about
it's long axis, change or ripple colors, etc.

Remember a small gif about 15 x 200 can be kept to 6 or 7K
without too much trouble. Only downside is loading time. Just
keep it small and hold down the total number of frames in the
animation to as few as possible.

Have fun
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA