Re: Multiple Browser Versions

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:54:05 -0500
 To:  "Paul Forman" <pwog(at)maine.rr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Paul:

Welcome to the list. Good people and good info.

As for the multiple browser versions we do it by partitioning our HD's
(harddrives) so that we can run multiple browser versions on the same O/S.

We have one dedicated work station everyone shares when checking sites. The
station is a Gateway 450 P3 V90 running Win98 and the Hd has been
partitioned in such a manner that it can run whatever browser in whatever
version of the same browser all at the same time, or, however we deem fit.

Since each browser is nested in its own section of the HD the other versions
don't detect or conflict with one another.

As for the partitioning itself our Tech did it and I have been told it is a
simple proceedure to someone who knows how to do it. He does it with a
program designed for partitioning HD's.

I can vouche that it works like a charm.

Sylvia
SWD
http://www.starrwolf.com