Re: FP 98 woes/navigation

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:13:48 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Andy:

I don't use that feature in FrontPage, preferring to set up my own links
using text for the link for the faster page loading.

However, if memory serves, I believe all you are missing here is telling
FrontPage to "Recalculate Hyperlinks". You'll find it under Tools in the
Explorer portion of FP.

There is an excellent FrontPage list. I believe you sign up at:
fpwmr-subscribe(at)listbot.com

However, to be sure you have the right one, go to:
http://www.listbot.com and look for the FrontPage list.

These guys are pretty sharp.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

> Ok, Ok, I know that some or most of y'all are dead-set against using FP98,
but I'm a newbie and this is only a part-time thing for me.  Hopefully,
someone can reply with some good, general advice.  Here goes...

> Why is it that I can't put navigation links using buttons ON every page
FOR every page.

> When I right click on the component and choose 'front page component
properties', I am given options of what I want to link to...  choices are
'parent page', 'child level', 'same level', etc..  You can also choose to
include the home page.  My site is set up so that there is one home page and
all of the other pages are one level below the home page.  If I am on a
'child' page, and choose 'same level' and include the home page, it works
just fine when I'm on the child pages, BUT when I go back to the home page,
there is nothing along that left border except the word 'button' instead of
all of the actual buttons with the page labels!  Seems like FP would be
smarter than that.... or maybe I should be smarter.