Re: ActiveX components in web pages

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:17:52 -0400
 To:  <bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> At first the two were pretty compatible, but Microsoft has taken JScript
off
> on a few tangents that have caused most of the big compatibility problems
>of late.

I believe JScript has been pretty much abandoned even at MS because it was
too proprietary.  MS has greatly improved their support for JavaScipt, in
the past two years.  Like HTML you have to test whatever you create to be
sure it works in most popular browsers.

I use JS a great deal particularly for client side form verification for
shopping carts. I also use it for information pop-ups.  People don't seem to
mind pop-up windows when they have a clickable link or button-image that
brings it up and it has an obvious method of closing.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net