Re:

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:15:07 -0500
 To:  "Lisa McSparrin" <webmaster(at)gabd.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I've placed text in a table on the page below and it supposed to be
centered
> but it is not. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://www.stlouiscityteam.com/3904Juniata.htm
>
> Regards,
> Lisa McSparrin

It is centered.  You don't have it in a table so it tends to fill the page
up.
Try a table with a width of 80% and put the text in that:

  <CENTER>
  <TABLE WIDTH="80%" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0">
  <TR>
  <TD ALIGN="CENTER">This 86 year old two and a half story traditional home
has 4 bedroom(s), 2 full bath(s), 1 half bath(s). This home has 7 rooms and
a basement. Rooms include a formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, master
bedroom, master bathroom, foyer. Other features include 1 fireplace(s),
ceiling fan(s), window treatments. This home has a deck. The lot is
fenced.</TD>
  </TR>
   </TABLE></CENTER>