Re:

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:58:32 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lisa:

As far as I can see in IE-5, your table containing the text IS centered.

However, because the text itself is justified to the left, it makes the
whole table appear to be offset to the left.

Some remedies might be:

Use a <blockquote> to move the text in the left hand cell to the right.

Use Right Justification for the text in the right hand cell.

Use center justification for the text in both cells.

Apply a border to the table so that the table will display as centered with
only the text offset because of the left justification.

Reduce the width of your table to make it more obvious.

Or--any combination of the above. ???

Take heart in the fact that layout people in the print media have to do the
same head scratching. It is not really a "HTML" problem.

Actually, it doesn't look that bad as it is. But if you would feel better
about it, just pick one of those "remedies" above that you can live with.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net