Ordering Online

by "Carol Parent" <parent(at)djam.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:47:26 -0600
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Morning All,

I have a question for you if you do not mind.  I have a possible client that
I am doing up a proposal for and want to put in their options for their
clients to order online.

History:
They do NOT want to use credit cards
They do NOT want new business
They Do want to enable their clients to place orders online.

There product list has 5000 items on it but they do NOT want to at this time
have a searchable database on their site. (Which is good for me since I am
at this time just learning how to that very thing, so when they are ready, I
might know what the heck I am doing)

They wish to have a downloadable product list that their clients can then
look over and order from it.  (pdf file)
Their clients order anywhere from 1- 200 products at a time.  All different
sizes and amounts.  I have looked around the net to see what all other
businesses have done and I have come up with a few options and would like to
know if you all can come up with any others.  I am not asking for the
technical side, just different approaches to accomplish what they wish.

1) Email ordering by salesforce - Where they just type in what they want
2) Email ordering by accounts personnel - Where they just type in what they
want
3) Provide a fax form for unique specials/promos offered only via the
Website that can be printed out and faxed directly.
4) Displaying a limited amount of items that can be ordered using a shopping
cart
5) Ordering done by accounts via shopping cart using a full product list
posted to the web
6) Ordering via a shopping cart using a database (NOT at this time, but I
stuck it in anyway)

Now remember, clients can order anywhere from 1 - 5000 products. All
different sizes and amounts.  Any new suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Carol Parent
parent(at)djam.com
http://www.cbwdesign.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world."   Albert Einstein