RE: Site access permissions

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:13:17 -0400
 To:  <Dallasstar1992(at)aol.com>,
<mtsavage(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi all---

<snip>
  Funny you bring this up. I have been working on a simple
perl script, when
I try to run it on the server, I get that it is password
protected also.   I
KNOW I did not PW protect my script.  SO why the error??
</snip>

My current WebMaster class is on Security. One of the things
covered is that scripts are often placed in their own folder
(i.e. cgi-bin or similar) which has strict permissions for
security reasons. Check with your ISP on how they want
scripts uploaded and where they can be run, and what
permission settings they have. Unless you are running your
own server, someone else has control of this. Check it out.

kali
(who is having a banner night running off at the mouth on
all sorts of subjects! <g>)