Re: Frameset query

by "Mark Harvey" <bowling(at)skynow.net>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:06:09 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Paul et al,

I'll see if I can clarify this.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Rudolf <paul(at)ntyc.net>
To: Mark Harvey <bowling(at)skynow.net>; <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: Frameset query

> I'm a little confused in reading your description.
>
> Let's see if I have some sort of grasp.
>
> You will have a frame containing a navigation bar, for argument sake, lets
> assume it's on the top, or "banner frame".  The other frame, or "main
frame"
> would then contain a page that would maybe break into another set of
frames?

I want the main index page to be totally WITHOUT frames so that users
without
frames enabled can accress it.  However,  I want it to look like the pages
with
frames (a navbar on the left) to keep the feel of the site intact.

When the visitor selects a link from the selaction, this will then lauch a
set of
frames, based on whichever one of six choices is made.

Basically, I want to be able to pass the name of the selected page - say
xyz.htm
to a function that will then load up the frameset with the navbar on the
left and
xyz.htm in the main frame. However, a visitors different choice could result
in
zzz.htm being the first page in the main frame.

I hope this clarifies it - my brain is going to sleep here (11pm having been
out
bowling this evening!)

TIA,

Mark Harvey

[snip]
> paul

Striking Home - Tenpin Bowling Coaching and More!
http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.harvey
http://members.tripod.com/~mark_harvey