Re: Date Last Modified

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:33:44 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Anthony:

Actually, there could be several reasons for the date reverting to the
JavaScript "starting point" and I'm not sure which one is the culprit in
this case.

However, I can not resist the temptation to confuse you even more by
offering the following reference. It is too lengthy to quote in this
message. However, you should be able to put together a script that would
cure the problem.

Lesson Eight from the Tutorial of the JavaScript Learning Center is all
about the Date Object and Arrays. It can be found at:

www.javascriptmall.com/learn/lesson8.htm

I highly recommend this short course for beginning JavaScript. It is one of
the easiest to understand I have seen. Sadly, the author has not completed
the more advanced sections.

I hope this page will be of some help.
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

> Hi:
>
> I use the following JavaScript to tell when the webpage was last modified:
>
> <SCRIPT type="text/javaScript">
> <!---
> document.write("This page was last modified: ")
> document.write (document.lastModified);
> // --->
> </SCRIPT>
>
> Everything seems to be satisfactory but today I received a  message from
an
> user that the webpage indicated that it was last updated on 12-31-1969.
> Could someone explain how this is occurring.  Is the problem with their
ISP