Re: Pop-up Windows (with periods)

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:39:12 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan and others ...

> Sorry about my previous message.  Hopefully the code displays this time
with
> the periods added.  If you want to try it, just remove the two periods
> everywhere you see them and copy and place in notepad or html editor.

OK--It has become obvious to me that my Outlook Express mail program must be
different than some others on this list.

I could "see" the code that Susan sent just fine, with or without, periods.
In fact, my local gang of weirdoes sends both JavaScript and HTML to each
other all the time, which we in turn, Copy and Paste right from our e-mails.
Never ever had a problem. But apparently, some do.

Please--I am not trying to start a war here over e-mail programs. It is just
that it would seem to be something one should know in case I need to send
information to someone who's e-mail program and/or service is -- how do I
say this -- Not the same as mine.

Questions:

What programs are still in use that can NOT transmit HTML or JavaScript
code?

Does the problem only occur with Plain Text - or is it with -
RTF(HTML) E-mail??

Or--is this a server problem??

Or perhaps, the service provider?? Example: AOL etc.

(This problem never seems to come up on the FrontPage list which uses
ListBot's services. We get both text e-mails and HTML, (RTF) e-mails on that
list and snippets of code always come through just fine. )

Or is it, just this list? I realize it does have limitations compared to
some other lists.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Best wishes
Ted Temer