Re: Dilemma with Radio Buttons

by "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>

 Date:  Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:20:01 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael,
Thanks for your considerate suggestion.  Actually the application is a quote
request form for my company.  I do not work on the site but was asked about
the problem and I'd like to help.  I basically suggested something along the
lines of what you are describing as well as the option of just changing to a
drop down box instead.  The radio button seems to be the only type of input
that won't allow you to UNDO your action once you've taken it.

One application of this is in using old quotes as templates that you'd want
to allow the customer to tweak for a revised quote.  Many of our customers
use very similar specs for all of their jobs.  We'd need to be able to
revise any field on the template.  So is the conclusion that radio buttons
don't work in this scenario?

I can't yet answer all of your questions.  I don't know how the form would
be sent but it would go to someone in our Estimating Department and so we
could taylor it as needed.
Kate Pollara