Re: A Perfect Web Site!

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:55:07 -0500
 To:  "Nik Gare" <nik(at)cheddarcheese.de>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Are you completely mad?  I would never load IE5 onto my system.  Firstly,
> because it is an obscene size, and secondly because it is not available
> for my platform.  What right have you to decide that I am not allowed to
> visit your site?

I.E. is the largest single browser out there and you're saying you won't
load it up?  How do you know for sure your pages work in I.E.?    This seems
a little short sighted to me.  It's one thing to dislike a company, it's
another to not test your work. Are you just trusting that it looks good
because you're an awesome programmer? You may have the "perfect code" we
have been talking about here, but that does NOT mean it renders the same as
it does in NN.  They have different rendering engines.  You have no idea
what it even looks liken in I.E. to the majority of the world.

Since I.E. is available to the Mac, your platform must be Linux.  Nothing
wrong with it as an O.S. but lets face it, it doesn't quite have the number
of web applications yet like the Mac or Windows does.  You might consider
going dual boot so you can work with I.E. or at least running it in the
penalty box.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net