Re: Browsers

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:50:39 -0500
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> As everyone seems to have different ideas in this area, I am hesitant to
> recommend any one editor. However, CuteHTML and CoffeeCup "might" be a
place
> to start. I personally look for editors that include either JavaScript of
> CSS as well.

A great editor that happens to do JavaScript quite well (sorry Captain - I
know you're agin'  it)  is 1St Page 2.0 from EvrSoft.  The price is also
hard to beat at FREE!   They are at http://www.evrsoft.com and I have to say
it's one of the best editors I have seen.  The only thing missing is WYSIWYG
editing mode, which is not a big problem as it has a built in preview.

1St Page has spell check and thesaurus and the WWWC Tidy program built in.
It can fix or report errors and can convert to XML 1.0.    Besides having JS
tags, it has a host of pop-in JS applications, supports ASP and even has a
number of CGI aps.  Below is an overview of what's in it.  This is the
biggest secret out there.  A free editor that does everything you want!

Flexible
Customizable Keyboard shortcuts
Customizable Toolbar buttons
Dockable/Floating Toolbars
3 primary development modes (easy/expert/hardcore)
View/Disable most visible panels
Store your own code snippets in myCode Library

Enchant
450+ Javascripts/VBScripts
DHTML Zone with re-usable DHTML scripts
Full support for SSI, CGI, Perl, Cold Fusion, ASP.
Javascript Rollover Images
Javascript/VBScript Object Tree
HTML Source Compressor - Reduce webpage file size
Flash 4/Shockwave/Java/ActiveX Support
6 Common Javascript Wizards
(Drop-down comboboxs, Frame Killer, Browser Detector, Last Modified Date,
Background Fader)
Includes over 20+ cgi/perl/htmlscripts from Matt's Script Archive with
complete instructions on usage.

Speed
Syntax Highlights Perl , CSS, HTML, CF, ASP, SSI, Javascript, CGI files.
3 chart HEX Color Picker
Powerful speedy Wizards
Tag Lists (Filter Zone)
File Explorer