Re: Accessibility validation

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Sat, 25 May 2002 16:37:36 +0200
 To:  "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Hilma,

Accessibility requires also a page is accessible without java script.

I looked your page in http://www.accessibility.nl  click site testen  snoop
with only tables and images on.. or test your site in lynx is also possible in
this site.. .

Your popup-menus are not accessible without javascript and  in this way you
offer different information to sighted
and not sighted visitors. I don't think you want that.
There is also something wrong with your text about the browsers . I can read the
code not the text.
I can see | between the links but WCAG requires this [  ...] and when you want
to have the validation-icons on your page , put || in your alt  (altribute alt="
|| " ) and || will be showed on lynx to seperate them.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat