Re:

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:34:31 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mia:

OK--as you can see, most people hate blink. But that does not answer your
question, (except for the tiny minority that still use Netscape.)

Perhaps the simple way to have blinking text, is to use a small animated
GIF. However, if you are getting to this point you might want to consider
using Flash, (or the similar product, Swish that uses the Flash "engine".)
Swish is very inexpensive and does quite a few of the same things that Flash
does.

Still, except for vision challenged readers, the most universally accepted
method would be an animated GIF which also allows, size, color, and roll-in
effects, etc. However--like any other graphic--it takes time to load. So,
keep it as small as possible. A proper Alt tag will allow those using text
readers to "see" the message as well.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA