Re: Visible Transparent Gif?

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:29:08 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Joe:

If you mean the images similar to bonus.gif I think I see the
problem. If you are talking about another GIF somewhere, please
give me the name of the image so I can download it and play with
it. I might--I say, MIGHT, actually stumble across the answer.
(My daughter calls this life long phenomenon bumbling.)

bonus.gif appears to have at least ten different colors in it
when blown way up. As you can only choose one of them to be
transparent, all the others will show. And while it's true that
you would want the text and related "shading" to show, there are
still several colors that go to make up the gray-ish green-ish
background that is showing.

If you did not mean for the background to show, it may simply be
because some of the colors are dithered and you can not make a
dithered color transparent as only one shade of the "dither" will
drop out.

As I was looking at the page with IE, it may be that the images
you were concerned with were actually invisible to my eye and I
am simply making a fuss over the wrong image.

In all cases, best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

>Hello All,
>
>I am perplexed by a non-transparent transparent gif. At the
bottom of the
>page at the following link I have a strip of what is supposed to
be
>transparent gifs but they're visible. If someone can tell me why
I can see
>(what's supposed to be) invisible graphics, I would truly
appreciate it.