RE: Web graphics to printable graphics

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:27:37 -0400
 To:  "'Ben Ocean'" <beno(at)cnw.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  <janet.lynne(at)worldnet.att.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Greetings!

<snip>
>Does anyone know any good techniques for changing web
graphics to graphics
>suitable for offset printing?  The printer says they need
to be 300dpi and
</snip>

I frequently take screen captures of programs which are then
incorporated into documentation manuals. Docutech printing
can handle a lot, but to consistently get clear images, I do
the screen captures and then port them into my photo editing
program. The resolution is reset there to match the printing
needs. Files are saved in TIFF file format. If the images
are to be printed in four color process, I make sure to
convert them from the native screen RGB format to CYMK so
the files can be separated for printing.

It can be done. PageMaker handles things of this nature very
well and gives you the option of linking to this huge tiff
image file or embedding it in the actual document.
Regardless of which you choose, give ALL image and font
files to the printer with the document file. That way, if
they have to futz something, they have all they need to do
so.

HTH!
kali