Re: Need H-E-L-P with FP form not working right

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:34:46 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jim:

I may be familiar with FrontPage but I can't make heads or tails out of
where this form is supposed to go.

I suggest you prevail upon Jim Polk or one of the "form Guru's" to help you
on this.

Now--To aid in this, I pulled up the properties of the form in FP and saw
the following.

The Send To file name was:
_private/form_results.txt

The E-mail address was:
sales(at)picpalm.com

I expected to see a target of some sort where the file name was. And--I must
admit, that the few forms I have used all were sent to someone's e-mail
address by a CGI script. So I always chose that script as the send to
target. In your case, the form_results.txt file may be doing the same
function but I don't know what's in that file. (I tried to pull up that file
but as it was in a private directory, it told me I did not have the proper
permission to go messing about in your private directories.)

So I have to say sorry. The problem does not appear to be FrontPage, but
rather some of the parameters you have in the Properties of the form. As I
say, Jim or one of the others should be able to help you out here. Some of
the suggestions that Jim Polk mentioned may indeed be the solution to your
problem. The FrontPage part has apparently been given improper instructions
but I don't have the expertise to tell what is wrong.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net