Re: Need H-E-L-P with FP form not working right

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:58:26 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jim:

I'm sorry but I deleted your message before I realized it was on the HWG
list and not the FP list. I'm afraid I don't pay as close attention as I
should with the slug of e-mails I get each day.

So this reply will be very generic. First off, let me remind you that a "FP"
form is just like any other form. So if the form is not working, just
display that form in the FP "Normal" view and right click anywhere in the
form. When the little menu pops up, select Properties.

Now, go through all the various attributes shown in the dialog screen and
use your best logic. Is something blank that should have been filled in?
Does the form know where to go and by what method?? Sometimes it's a lot
easier to spot a boo-boo by looking at the dialog screen than trying to spot
a problem in the clutter of raw HTML.

Another method would be to go to the HTML view and copy and paste the form
part in an e-mail to this list. Once they have managed to overcome their
distain for FrontPage, some of the Guru's on this list are quite
knowledgeable and should be able to spot where you goofed.

If all else fails, you might consider joining the FP list at:
Subscribe to FP list
   mailto:FPlist-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com

They are a great bunch on that list--the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed
and the range of "allowable" subjects is often far more useful.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net