Re: Domain Email Question

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:19:20 -0400
 To:  "HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Sandy Fields" <sandy(at)sannicron.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sandy,

I guess I'm joing this converstation very late, but I just want to share my
experiences.

AOL is notorious for not having consistant good knowledgeable tech support.
Actually, I've found that to be true with MANY ISP's, AOL just gets more
exposure because of their popularity.  You could probably talk to three
different reps and get three different answers.  I went though this a few
months ago myself.  Hugh Blair is correct, normally you do not have to leave
AOL as the ISP to successfully access other POP services.  I have a friend
that uses AOL as his ISP.  I set his website up on a hosting service that
also provides POP email.  He has no problem acessing it using AOL.  If
Outlook, Eudora, etc. is setup correctly, there is no reason it shouldn't
work, especially if you do a 'read' mail first.  If not, then as Hugh also
pointed out, the problem lies with the hosting service you are using.  I
have also found that ISP's are good at 'passing the buck'.  Don't let them
snow you.

Good luck in which ever route you take,.

Steve