Re: Image alignment Problem

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:40:40 -0400
 To:  "HWG-basics" <HWG-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi there Fuzzy,

Your right, the page doesn't validate, but the problem Jakob presented
wasn't related to the errors you saw reported.  Fix those errors and you
will still be left with a page that has floated images that are nested and
the resulting layout will be the same.  In this case, the layout produced
wasn't created because of invalid code, but incorrect code for the layout
intended.  Jakob's problem has been a learning experience for me as this is
the first time I've come across a scenario that required the 'clear'
attribute for the break tag.  It intrigued me enough to experiment a little
and break out the W3C spec..

Hopefully, I didn't muddy the waters further.  Or should I say fuzzy :-)

Steve