Re: Hierarchy of .htm files and folders

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:41:55 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul:

One way to be sure there is no confusion of the several "index" files is to
use the full URL on your links. ie:

www.domain-name.com/index.htm etc.

The only downside is that future re-arraigning may cause a lot of renaming
paths ... However--unless you do something drastic, going back to the root
web in this manner, should remain faithful.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

> We have some files converted from PowerPoint 97 to .html which makes
> folders.  Each folder has its own index.htm and identically named files
> (sld001.htm, etc.) so they must remain in their respective folders.
> However, I want to link from the individual index.htm files in each folder
> to the main index.htm file in the root directory.  How can I do this?
I've