Re: Directory structure for multi-page site

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:47:48 -0500
 To:  "Hubert Earl" <hearl(at)bigfoot.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your navigations and main product pages need to be in the main directory of
the website.  Some search engines will not "spider" any deeper. If the
webpages are not spidered, they will effectively not exist in the search
engines' databases.  I use subdirectories for buttons, graphics and shopping
cart pages.

You may also need to understand how the robots.txt file is used.  This file
sets up exclusion areas on the website like cgi-bin etc.  See
http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html or search for
robots.txt