Re: Site not rendering in Netscape

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:56:20 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original

You really need to run your code through a validator (eg the W3C validator
at  There are lots of errors in the code, many
of them relating to div and table tags, which as Mary pointed out, is often
the cause of NN not displaying a page.  In particular, the BODY tag comes
before the closing /HEAD tag, which is likely to be causing a problem with

And...well, Mary's right - you really ought to get Nickelodeon's permission
to use graphics from their website.

Different Worlds:
Pictures of the Past, The Leslie Smith Family,
An Introduction to HTML, Copyright Considerations
Calendar Wallpapers, Online WW1 Bookshop