Re: Simple(?) HTML Question

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:21:48 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ruth:

This is all done with style sheets.

The following is an example. Note: certain "challenged" e-mail programs may
not reproduce the following code correctly. If yours is in that category,
let me know and I'll send you a copy directly as an attachment.

A short explanation of the elements in the style sheet follows.

<!--
    A:link {text-decoration: none}
    A:hover {background: yellow}
    A:visited {text-decoration: none}
    A:active {  font-family:  Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif;  color: #00FF00;
font-weight: 800;   }
{text-decoration: none}
-->

If this is to effect the whole page, it is best to place it in the HEAD
section of the HTML.

As you can see these are typical commands or tags to modify the various
states that the link can be in. Therefore, the appearance will change
depending on where the mouse is, or whether the link is active.

One simple way to do all this is to download the CoffeeCup Style Sheet Maker
at www.coffeecup.com/  It is a nice wizard type program for creating
stylesheets. And of course, there are many sites on the web to help you with
style sheets, (CSS) For a very brief overview, check this page on my
magazine site.
http://www.newsredding.com/css.stm

Best wishes
Ted Temer