Re: printer problems

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:30:26 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Raj:

Two questions:

Does this do this in every program you try to print with?

Do the "other" printers installed work OK?  Like the fax program, or the
Postscript file printer installed by Microsoft Publisher. etc.

Also try disconnecting the interface cord and see if you get the usual
"Unable to locate device" error screen instead of the blue screen.

That should help to narrow the problem down to either a program, printer
driver or something screwy in the printer itself.

If possible, can you try the printer on another machine?

I firmly believe that when you are in deep water, you grasp at every straw
in the pond.

Let us know what you discover.
Good luck and best wishes
Ted Temer