Re: Thanks And Another Question

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:16:10 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Wendy:

A search engine can be quite a chore. But--Some hosts such as
www.5DollarHosting.com provide this service and have wizards on site to set
it up for you.

FrontPage and other HTML programs also have limited search capability that
can be incorporated in your site. However, FP for example, requires the use
of the FP Extensions to use the search function.

Perhaps the simple way is to use a service like www.freefind.com  (There are
others as well.) Here they have a really slick wizard that gives you all
kinds of control. It will not only search your site, but also, additional
sites you select to allow your search to broaden out to client's sites if
needed. They give you the code to place in your page. You can have the
search form on every page if you like. It also creates an automatic table of
contents page and a What's New section if you want. The catch is that it
"returns" full pages. Returning a link to a specific bookmark on a page
sometimes is a little spotty. So--It helps to place each vehicle on a
separate page.

True--they do have advertising on the search return page but you can avail
yourself of the paid services for a very small annual fee and be advertising
free.

I have the FreeFind search engine on www.newsredding.com/ and the
5DollarHosting search engine on www.andersonparkflyers.org

One should work for you cuz they were both so simple, even I could do it.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net