Freeing memory (was: re Dire Straits)

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:26:51 +0100
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Shut off your machine, give it about 15-20 seconds and then power
> it back on. Sometimes programs do not release the RAM when they
> are exited. This is called a memory leak, happens regularly, and
> uses up available memory. Shutting down will free up the held
> memory. Any questions, caontact me.
>
> David Whitmore, C4 Systems

There is also a very useful shareware program you can use called MemTurbo
that defrags your RAM (PC only). You can set it up to automatically work at
certain levels. I use Fireworks and Dreamweaver and often used to have RAM
problems. Since installing this I haven't had one. Saves shutting down and
rebooting.

http://www.memturbo.com

Brian (not connected to MemTurbo other than as a satisfied customer)
comharsa(at)clara.net