Re: COPYING FROM A WEB SITE!

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:03:31 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dick:

Unless you specifically asked to have replies sent to you
directly, all, (most), messages on a Discussion list are sent to
the list. As we all receive a copy, we --and you-- all see the
same thing.

This allows the majority of list members to acquire an enormous
amount of knowledge by simply reading the daily messages. For
example. I downloaded a copy of the CuteHTML program that I
mentioned to Pat from reading a previous post some time ago on
another similar list. And -- Although we don't use that program
here at our office, it might be very useful for Pat. (Everybody
has different needs.)

Every once in a while, there will be instances where one member
replies to another member directly and the second half of the
conversation replies to the list. This gives everyone else a "one
sided" conversation which is often a little confusing.

The important thing usually is the QUESTION and the several
ANSWERS that further all our knowledge. The WHO asked or WHO
answered is often secondary. It is nothing personal and no slight
is intended.

Also, the only way that the rest of the list knows that the
question has been answered is when the reply is addressed to the
list as a whole. (Just like this reply.)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net