Re: Newspaper Column Format

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:47:27 -0500
 To:  "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>,
<hwg-basics-digest(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Morning Roger:

Those "nifty vertical divider lines" of the Dallas Morning News site are 40
x 3 GIF's filed with the color grey and used as the BG for table data which
is why they run the height of the page. Wherever the TD goes the grey VR's
go.

These types of images are quite handy and we use them whenever we want grey
divider lines. They can be used for either vertical or horizontal lines in
placeof the "<hr noshade size=1 width=XX>" tag. However, we usually defer to
the above tag for HR's.

For example, in our present business site makeover that we will be releasing
January 1, 2000, we are using these grey GIF's in size 1 x 1 as the VR's and
the tag as HR's. They work very well and can be sized easily.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Senior Designer
Starr Wolf Design