Re: legalities of encryption - Emailing info

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:03:37 -0500
 To:  <JoshAlliTJ(at)cs.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is NOT safe enough.  It will also scare away most customers, people
today are more conscious about security.   The days when you could get away
with an unsecure form online are long gone.

It might even loose them their merchant's account.  We had to go through an
inspection when we first went online.  Changing how you do business and not
informing the merchant company can get you into trouble with them.

You need a real shopping cart.  One that will protect their customer and
them.

> The site I made has a place where the user can order something on line
using
> their credit card.  here's how it works:  They enter the main site, then
> click on a link to a secure site.  The page that the user types on has the
> 'lock' or 'key'.  They enter their visa info, then click on 'submit'.
When